Titanfall 2 multiplayer will be available for everyone to try out this weekend, August 19-21, providing you have a PS4 or Xbox One. EA and Respawn are running a Titanfall 2 Tech Test, but it’s for console players only. You’re out of luck if you’re a PC only gamer. Presumably a PS Plus or Xbox Live membership is still required for online play.
Titanfall 2 Tech Test Dates:
Weekend 1: Aug 19-21
Weekend 2: Aug 26-28
Here’s a brand new multiplayer Tech Test trailer:
Weekend 1 Game Info:
- Bounty Hunt (5v5): A brand new mode that pits Pilots and their teammates against an opposing team as well as the Remnant Fleet. Earn bonuses by killing grunts and enemies, but make sure and deposit all your points at the bank between waves without getting killed.
- Pilots vs. Pilots (8v8): Players can be the best Pilot on the Frontier and put their combat and mobility skills to the ultimate test in this classic 8 vs 8 Pilots only mode.
- Boomtown: A secret underground IMC facility where the latest in R&D is put to the test. In this facility Pilots can use the many peaked roofs to use as cover against combatants below. With tight lanes through the middle, Titans can also be easily ambushed.
- Homestead: The IMC have claimed Imminent Domain on a small commune’s plot of land. With a series of raised, rocky plateaus and a river running down the middle, Pilots are mostly safe from Titans among the rocks and trees but they also can duck into the caves and building when needed. However, the Titans control the large rolling fields.
Weekend 2 has all the content from weekend 1, plus:
- Amped Hardpoint (6v6): A new twist on Hardpoint Domination from the original game; now defending a Hardpoint will let you amp it, giving your team double score. Team work is the key to securing victory.
- Forward Base Kodai: Militia forces have taken over an IMC substation and set up a forward operating base. Pilots can find safety from Titans in the hallways and chambers of the main building, while Titans can walk over the roof to get a better view of the action.
According to EA, players will have access to “two all-new Titans: Ion and Scorch, as well as a range of Pilot tactical abilities including Grapple, Holo Point, and Pulse Blade. Fans will also have access to a variety of weapons including a deadly horizontal spread shotgun known as the Masttiff and the Alternator, a dual-barrel SMG.”
Titanfall 2 is due for release on October 28 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.